Each day a different kidlitosphere blogger serves as host for the posting of several other bloggers. You may visit the host blogs' sites to find a complete blog roll for each day.
- The Power of a Book - From the literal power of owning a book and a good story to the intangible power that comes with knowing how to read. Carol Rasco, President and CEO of Reading is Fundamental, mom, grandma, and energizer bunny, starts us off with The Power of a Book: 380 Million Times to Date! Join Carol at Rasco from RIF. Over at the Book Whisperer, Donalyn Miller, 6th grade reading teacher extraordinaire, writes about the intangible power of a book. Her post is rife with personal examples of just how a book can change your life.
- The Gift of Reading - Whether you're looking for a book to excite a reader, want to help someone learn to read or celebrate the "gift" ... it's covered.
- Unwrapping Literacy 2.0 - With all of the talk of digital literacy, e-readers, etc. What does "literacy" look like in this new century?
- Love of Reading v. Homework - Do they have to be at odds? We'll talk about ways to help readers at home and at school.
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving - To wrap up the week we'll be remembering "that moment" when we realized we were a reader or writer and how to celebrate it with others. Lots(!) of interviews this day.
I am excited to join the panel Unwrapping Literacy 2.0 on Wednesday, so check back then for more as I explore the way children are interacting with digital books, resource for parents, and how our expectations of books are changing.
The lovely Share a Story, Shape a Future logo designed by Elizabeth Dulemba.