Today I'm sharing resources I've collected that will help middle school and high school students explore the way the Constitution establishes basic structure of our government, the responsibilities of each branch of government, and the basic rights afforded all Americans.
- Library of Congress
- lesson plans, teacher resources
- Constitution teacher’s guide & primary source sets
- Bill of Rights primary sources
- Constitution Center
- American Bar Association
- Lesson plans
- Excellent video from Chicago students
- NEA resources: links to lesson plans, activities, worksheets
- Center for Civic Education
Federal law requires that all schools receiving federal funds hold an educational program for their students on September 17th.
Yesterday I shared resources that are more appropriate for younger elementary students. I'd love to hear about resources you like to share with students to help them think about the importance of our constitution.
©2013 Mary Ann Scheuer, Great Kid Books