Saturday, March 1, 2014

Celebrating Women's History Month: a challenge for the month of March

Each year, we turn our library into a Museum of Amazing Women. We celebrate women in our lives, from our community, and throughout history. Students have made posters and presentations on their mothers, grandmothers, scientists, activists and sports heroes -- all of whom are inspiring.

Here at Great Kid Books, I'm going to try something new this March. I will try to post each day about a woman who inspires us, sharing a brief resource that we share with kids. In order to post more frequently, I'll need to write less and quote others more. I'll direct you to resources I use. This will be new, and I'd love feedback on what you think of it.

To start with, check out the fantastic blog Kidlit Celebrates Women's History Month. Authors, historians, librarians, and bloggers share their favorite books about women in history. There are guest posts, interviews and book reviews.
Check out Kidlit Celebrates Women's History Month
I often go through their popular posts and archives to get inspired and find interesting information to share with kids. This year, they also have a Pinterest page and a Facebook group, if you like staying in touch that way. Check the site throughout the month to find out new resources to share with kids. Here are their popular posts today:


Do you have any favorite resources you'd like me to share during Women's History Month?

©2014 Mary Ann Scheuer, Great Kid Books

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just put a list together of resources for our teachers. I included this one an also much more but I am sure you know all of the ones I found. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete