Their favorite new book is the really big book: DK's The Big Book of Things That Go. This is full of pictures and information--but this works as a read-aloud for my nephews. What books might encourage them on the road to reading?
Here's a collection of books just right for beginning readers. They are levels C through F, which are typical levels for kindergarten through first grade. All are available in paperback, perfect for home or classroom libraries.
- Big Rigs (Mighty Machines), by Kay Manolis
- Bulldozers (Big Machines), by Katie Kawa
- Car Goes Far (I Like to Read), by Michael Garland
- The Car Race (Let's Race), by Rachel Bach
- Indy Cars (Seedlings), by Kate Riggs
- Race Day (National Geographic Readers), by Gail Tuchman
- Snow Trouble (Truck Buddies), by Melinda Melton Crow
- Tractors (Mighty Machines), by Mary Lindeen
- Test Drive (Robot & Rico), by Anastasia Suen
|interior of Indy Cars (Seedlings)|
|interior of Race Day (National Geographic)|
|interior of Test Drive (Robot & Rico)|
©2017 Mary Ann Scheuer, Great Kid Books