Thursday, February 3, 2011

Read Around the World Challenge

One of my New Years Resolutions is to read more about the world around us, broadening out view out to other cultures and other places. This year, I will make special effort to share books about different cultures, different countries, different places.

I was excited to learn about Book Dads reading challenge: Read Around the World, since it fit perfectly with my New Years Resolution! So we'll be entering this reading challenge, at the Savvy Traveler level.

Here are some books I've enjoyed recently that share about different parts of the world:
- You and Me Together: Moms, Dads and Kids Around the World
- The Ink Garden of Brother Theophane
- Seeds of Change: the story of Wangari Maathai
- Takeshita Demons, by Cristy Burne

I'd love it if you shared some books you've loved reading with your children that open your eyes to different parts of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment