Sunday, May 17, 2009

Good Question - Ask a Question, Offer Advice

Friends often ask me questions about finding the right books for their kids. I thought that "Good Questions" might make a great column on my blog.

If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know. Maybe it's books that might connect with your child's tastes or interests. Maybe you have an issue or topic you're trying to talk about with your child. Or maybe there's a series that your child loves and you want to share it with other parents.

Please write questions in the comment section of the blog (click on the comment box at the bottom of each post), or just send me an email to mscheuer(at)rdschool(dot)org. You can also send me an email by clicking the link on the right.

I'd also love suggestions from parents about what books work for their kids.

Some examples of questions friends have asked are:

* My 5 year old daughter has asked me about where babies come from. Can you suggest any books that would help me talk about sex with her?

* What books would you recommend for my 10 year old son? He likes fantasy and action/adventure stories.

* How do I know what length of books I can read to my 2 year old?
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. We're all trying to help our children grow to love reading!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I look forward to seeing the responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Doret - I think this will be a fun thing to follow.

    ReplyDelete